Hacheston (All Saints)
HACHESTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Plomesgate, hundred of Loes, E. division of Suffolk, 6 miles (N. N. E.) from Woodbridge; containing, with the hamlet of Glevering, 518 inhabitants, and comprising by computation 1726 acres. Glevering Hall is a handsome mansion pleasantly situated. A fair is held on the 2nd and 3rd of November, The living is a discharged vicarage, consolidated with that of Parham, and valued in the king's books at £6. 1. 10.: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £278, and the vicarial for £169; the glebe contains 3 acres. The church is partly in the early and partly in the decorated style, with a tower; the font is of Caen stone, beautifully sculptured, and the entrance into the church on the north is through a Norman doorway: a fine-toned organ was erected in 1841. Roman pottery has been found at different times.