HACEBY, a parish, in the union of Grantham, wapentake of Aveland, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 8¼ miles (E.) from Grantham; containing 64 inhabitants. It comprises 730 acres of land. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 2. 11., and in the gift of Sir W. E. Welby, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £139, and the glebe comprises 58 acres. The church is a small neat edifice, with a tower at the west end. £7 per annum, arising from a bequest by Lady C. Fox in 1786, are distributed among the poor. On the north side of the village were discovered in 1818, very considerable Roman antiquities, consisting of tessellated pavements and the foundation walls of a bath and other buildings.