Habrough (St. Margaret)
HABROUGH (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Caistor, E. division of the wapentake of Yarborough, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Limber; containing 334 inhabitants. This parish, which formed part of the endowment of the abbey of Newsham, comprises by measurement 2500 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, united in 1740 to that of Killingholme, and valued in the king's books at £8. At the inclosure in 1810, an allotment of land was made in lieu of tithes; the land comprises 180 acres, valued at £144 per annum. The church is an ancient edifice. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.