Gunwalloe (St. Wynwallow)
GUNWALLOE (St. Wynwallow), a parish, in the union of Helston, W. division of the hundred of Kerrier and of the county of Cornwall, 5 miles (S.) from Helston; containing 298 inhabitants. The parish is on the shore of Mount's bay, and comprises 1328 acres, of which 184 are waste land or common. The old living is a vicarage, annexed, with the livings of Cury and Germoe, to the vicarage of Breage. A perpetual curacy has been lately founded for the parishes of Gunwalloe and Cury. The church is an ancient edifice with a low detached tower, occupying a romantic situation close to the sea. Here is a place of worship for dissenters.