Guist (St. Andrew)
GUIST (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 9 miles (N. N. E.) from East Dereham; containing 425 inhabitants. It comprises about 1600 acres, and is intersected by the road from Fakenham to Norwich. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 15. 5.; net income, £160; patron and impropriator, the Rev. W. Norris. The church is an ancient structure, in the early and later English styles, with a square embattled tower, and contains several monuments to the Wigget and Norris families. An allotment of 30 acres for fuel, and 6 for garden-ground, was given to the poor, at the inclosure in 1813.