Grinshill (All Saints)
GRINSHILL (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Wem, liberty of the borough of Shrewsbury, N. division of Salop, 7½ miles (N. N. E.) from Shrewsbury; containing 255 inhabitants, and comprising 839a. 2r. 29p. White freestone of excellent quality, found here, is extensively applied to various purposes; and from the quarries has been raised the stone for the erection of churches, bridges, and other works in the neighbourhood. The living is a perpetual curacy; patron and impropriator, the Rev. John Wood, whose tithes have been commuted for £144. The church, an ancient structure in the later English style, was rebuilt in 1840; the present church, into which part of the original building has been incorporated, is a very neat edifice.