GRINDALL, a chapelry, in the parish and union of Bridlington, wapentake of Dickering, E. riding of York, 4 miles (N. W.) from Bridlington; containing 116 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Bridlington to Malton. The village is neatly built; the township comprises 2268 acres, including 1047 common or waste land inclosed in 1843. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of Yarburgh Greame, Esq., the impropriator; with a net income of £75. The old chapel, a low and indifferent edifice with an open belfryturret, was rebuilt in 1834. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Some fragments of tessellated pavement were found in 1839.