Grendon, Bishop (St. John the Baptist)
GRENDON, BISHOP (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Bromyard, hundred of Broxash, county of Hereford, 4¼ miles (W. N. W.) from Bromyard; containing 231 inhabitants. It is intersected by the road from Leominster to Bromyard, and consists of 1588 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £59; patron, the Vicar of Bromyard. Of the tithes a rent-charge of £11 is paid to the deacon of Bishop-Grendon, one of £6. 1. to the senior rector of the church of Bromyard, and another of £10 to the perpetual curate here. The church was rebuilt in 1788, at the expense of six individuals, the old edifice having fallen down in 1786. There are vestiges of an ancient intrenchment.