Grendon (St. Mary)
GRENDON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Wellingborough, hundred of Wymmersley, S. division of the county of Northampton, 5½ miles (S. by W.) from Wellingborough; containing 595 inhabitants. It is situated on the right bank of the river Nene, which bounds it on the north; and consists of 1649a. 2r. 18p. of a rich and fertile soil. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8; net income, £135; patrons and impropriators, the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1780.