GREENHYTHE, a hamlet, in the parish of Swanscombe, union of Dartford, hundred of Axton, Dartford, and Wilmington, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, W. division of Kent, 3 miles (E. N. E.) from Dartford; containing 1056 inhabitants. This is a retired place, pleasantly situated on the south bank of the Thames, across which is a ferry to West Thurrock: a small pier was opened July 29th, 1834, and by a late regulation of the mayor of London's, this reach has been made a temporary station for vessels laden with coal, previous to entering the Pool. Great quantities of lime and flints, obtained in the neighbourhood, are conveyed in barges to London and other places. A preventive ship is anchored here; and in time of peace several frigates usually lie in ordinary, off Ingress Park, which adjoins the village. A chapel, endowed with 30 acres of land in the reign of Edward III., was restored in 1802, by W. Colyer, Esq.; and there is a place of worship for Wesleyans.