GREENHILL-LANE, a ville, in the parish of Alfreton, union of Belper, hundred of Scarsdale, N. division of the county of Derby, 2¾ miles (S. S. E.) from Alfreton; containing 899 inhabitants. This place was anciently called Greenhagh. Like all other parts of the parish of Alfreton, it abounds in coal, the working of which gives employment to the population. Large quantities of stockings, also, are made in the hamlet. An urn, containing about 800 Roman coins, was discovered in 1749.