GREENHEAD, a village, in the township of Blenkinsopp, parish and union of Haltwhistle, W. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 3½ miles (W. by N.) from Haltwhistle. This village is situated on the west side of the Tippal burn, at the junction of the military road with the high road from Newcastle to Carlisle, and is intersected by the Newcastle and Carlisle railway, which attains its summit level about a mile and a half to the north-west. A chapel was completed in 1828, chiefly through the exertions of the late Bishops Barrington and Van Mildert, the Earl of Carlisle, and Colonel Coulson, of Blenkinsopp Hall, who contributed £50 each, and the late Rev. Mr. Hollingsworth, vicar of Haltwhistle, who gave £200. It is a neat structure in the early English style, with a square embattled tower, and contains 300 sittings, of which the greater number are free; the east window is embellished with the armorial bearings of Bishop Barrington, Lord Carlisle, and Col. Coulson. The living is in the patronage of the vicar of Haltwhistle; net income, £50.