Greatford (St. Thomas à Becket)
GREATFORD (St. Thomas Ã Becket), a parish, in the union of Stamford, wapentake of Ness, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 4Â¾ miles (N. W. by W.) from Market-Deeping; containing, with the chapelry of Wilsthorpe, 264 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at Â£18. 10.; and in the patronage of the Crown, with a net income of Â£525: the tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents in 1797. The sum of Â£9 per annum is distributed among the poor; and land, producing Â£8 per annum, has been bequeathed to the church.