Gravenhurst, Upper (St. Giles)
GRAVENHURST, UPPER (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Ampthill, hundred of Flitt, county of Bedford, 4 miles (E. by N.) from Silsoe; containing 373 inhabitants. The manufacture of straw-plat is carried on to a considerable extent. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £50; patrons, the Parishioners; impropriators, the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents in 1820. There are 4 acres of glebe in the parish, and 5 at Wootton.