Granborough (St. Peter)
GRANBOROUGH (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Rugby, Southam division of the hundred of Knightlow, S. division of the county of Warwick, 3 miles (S.) from Dunchurch; containing, with the hamlet of Woolscott, 532 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the left bank of the river Leam, equidistant from Rugby, Daventry, and Southam, and comprises by computation 4389 acres; the surface is varied, the scenery generally of pleasing character, and the soil productive. Its south-eastern extremity is skirted by the Oxford canal. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5; net income, £185; patron, Mrs. Halse; incumbent, the Rev. W. J. Wise. The tithes were commuted for land in 1765; there is a glebe of 65 acres, with a new glebe-house, in the Elizabethan style, built in 1844. The church is an ancient structure, in the decorated style.