Goulsby, or Golceby (All Saints)
GOULSBY, or Golceby (All Saints), a parish; in the union of Horncastle, N. division of the wapentake of Gartree, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 6¾ miles (S. W.) from Louth; containing 347 inhabitants. The parish comprises by estimation 1132 acres of land, chiefly the property of Matthew Bancroft Lister, Esq., lord of the manor: the village, which is of considerable size, is situated in a narrow dale, on one of the tributary streams of the Bain, and extends into Asterby parish. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 0. 2., and in the gift of Mr. Lister, the impropriator, and incumbency of the Rev. Joseph Martin Lister, whose net income is £136. The tithes have been commuted for land; the glebe comprises 117a. 2r. 22p. The church is a neat modern structure. There are places of worship for Primitive and Wesleyan Methodists.