Gosbeck (St. Mary)
GOSBECK (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Bosmere and Claydon, E. division of Suffolk, 4¾ miles (E. by N.) from Needham-Market; containing 316 inhabitants, and comprising by admeasurement 1467 acres. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 5. 5.; net income, £316; patron, the Rev. W. Attwood. The church is an ancient structure in the decorated English style, with a square embattled tower; it was repewed in 1840.