GOLDSHAW-BOOTH, a township, in the chapelry of Newchurch-in-Pendle, parish of Whalley, union of Burnley, Higher division of the hundred of Blackburn, N. division of the county of Lancaster, 6 miles (W. by S.) from Colne; containing 748 inhabitants. This place, anciently called Gouldesshey, Over and Nether, comprises 1165 acres, and is the central township of Pendle Forest. The common appellation of "Booth" seems to point to the sheds of the cowherds in the respective vaccaries. A court baron is held at Higham twice a year for the whole forest, which is a copyhold fee of the honour of Clitheroe. The chapel of Newchurch is situated in the township.See Newchurch.