GLODWICK, a district parish, in the parochial chapelry and poor-law union of Oldham, parish of Prestwich, hundred of Salford, S. division of Lancashire, ¾ of a mile (S. E.) from Oldham; containing about 5500 inhabitants. This place, which lies east of the high road from Oldham to Ashton, was formed into a parish under the provisions of the 6th and 7th of Victoria, cap. 37. The living is a perpetual curacy, with an endowment of £150 per annum, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Chester and the Crown, alternately. The church, dedicated to Christ, was built in 1843, on a site given by Earl Howe, and is a cruciform edifice in the early English style.