Glemham, Little (St. Andrew)
GLEMHAM, LITTLE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Plomesgate, E. division of Suffolk, 3 miles (N. E. by E.) from Wickham-Market; containing 333 inhabitants. This place was for many years the property of the Glemham family, whose seat, Glemham Hall, has for more than a century and a half been the residence of the North family, the present proprietors, of whom Sir Dudley North, Knt., the first owner of the lordship, was sheriff of London in 1682. The parish comprises 1269a. 3r. 12p. The living is a rectory, with the perpetual curacy of Great Glemham annexed, valued in the king's books at £6, and in the patronage of the Hon. Mrs. North: the tithes of the parish have been commuted for £305, and the glebe comprises 7 acres. The church is a handsome structure, beautifully situated, and contains monuments to Sir Dudley North and others of his family, who are interred in the chancel.