Glemham, Great (All Saints)
GLEMHAM, GREAT (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Plomesgate, E. division of Suffolk, 4½ miles (W. S. W.) from Saxmundham; containing 370 inhabitants. The parish comprises by admeasurement 1800 acres of arable and pasture land: Glemham House is a handsome mansion, pleasantly situated. The living is a perpetual curacy, endowed with the small tithes, and annexed to the rectory of Little Glemham: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £352. 14. 8., with a glebe of 3 acres, and the small tithes for £95. The church is in the later English style, with a square embattled tower; the ancient font, of Caen stone, is richly sculptured.