GLAZELEY, a parish, in the union of Bridgnorth, hundred of Stottesden, S. division of Salop, 3½ miles (S. by W.) from Bridgnorth; containing 38 inhabitants. It comprises 636 acres, the soil of which is a strong clay, lying on marl and coarse limestone with an admixture of sandstone; a bed of coal, of sulphureous quality, extends throughout the whole district. The living is a discharged rectory, united, together with that of Deuxhill, in 1760, to the rectory of Chetton: the tithes have been commuted for £86, and the glebe comprises four acres. The church is a small neat edifice; its style bespeaks a date little anterior to the Reformation, and not improbably subsequent to that period. Near it is an ancient farmhouse, part of which appears to have been a religious building, as it contains windows and doorways in the ecclesiastical style of the 15th contury: a stone coffin, also, was found there, which now lies in the churchyard.