Glaston (St. Andrew)
GLASTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Uppingham, hundred of Wrandike, county of Rutland, 2 miles (E. N. E.) from Uppingham; containing 249 inhabitants. It comprises about 1000 acres. The greater portion of the land is a rich, red soil, and the remainder a whitish clay; the surface is hilly, and the scenery pleasing. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 16. 10½., and annexed to the Mastership of St. Peter's College, Cambridge: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £4. 3. 6., and the rectorial for £270. 16. 6., per annum.