GIRTON, a parish, in the union, and N. division of the wapentake, of Newark, S. division of the county of Nottingham, 8 miles (S. E. by E.) from Tuxford; containing 206 inhabitants. It comprises 1075 acres, of which 570 are in open pasture; its small village is seated on the east bank of the Trent. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of South Scarle: the great tithes have been commuted for £133. 17. 6., and the vicarial for £60. The church is an humble edifice.