Gimingham, or Gymmingham (All Saints)
GIMINGHAM, or Gymmingham (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (N.) from North Walsham; containing 383 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1471 acres, of which 1202 are arable, 110 meadow and pasture, and about 7 woodland. A small stream, which turns a flour-mill, falls into the sea at the northern extremity of the parish. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 11. 10½., and in the gift of Catherine Hall, Cambridge: the tithes have been commuted for £404, and the glebe comprises 32 acres. The church is a handsome structure, in the later English style, with an embattled tower.