Gillmorton (All Saints)
GILLMORTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Lutterworth, hundred of Guthlaxton, S. division of the county of Leicester, 3 miles (N. E. by N.) from Lutterworth; containing 866 inhabitants, a few of whom are employed in the manufacture of stockings, The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £17. 14. 9½.; net income, £632; patron and incumbent, the Rev. D. J. Burdett: the tithes were commuted for land in 1777. Here are two schools, endowed by Mr. Edward Chandler.