Gedney-Hill, or Gedney-Fen
GEDNEY-HILL, or Gedney-Fen, a parish, in the union of Holbeach, wapentake of Elloe, parts of Holland, county of Lincoln, 6¾ miles (E.) from Crowland; containing 480 inhabitants. This parish, which was separated from the parish of Gedney about 70 years since, comprises 2053a. 2r. 24p., including about 58 acres of roads and water; four-fifths are computed to be pasture and meadow, and one-fifth is arable-land. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of certain Feoffees of an estate bequeathed for charitable uses; net income, £102. The chapel is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The estate, which was originally given by Lawrence Frosdyke, Abbot of Crowland, in 1441, produces a rental of £322, which, by a decree in chancery, is applied to the repair of the chapel, the payment of the stipend of the incumbent, the salary of a schoolmaster, the repair of the highways, and other uses. Several coins of Antoninus have been found here.