GAYDON, a chapelry, in the parish of Bishop'sItchington, union of Southam, Kington division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 2 miles (N. E.) from Kington; containing 276 inhabitants. The chapelry comprises by computation 1488 acres, the soil of which is a strong clay, with a substratum of blue limestone; it is intersected by the road from Banbury to Warwick. The chapel is dedicated to St. Giles. The tithes were commuted for land, under an inclosure act, in 1758. The inhabitants marry and bury at Chadshunt, which is a chapelry within the same parish. Lord Chief Justice Willes, whose father was vicar of the parish, was born and buried here.