Garsdon (All Saints)
GARSDON (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Malmesbury, Malmesbury and Kingswood, and N. divisions of Wilts, 2 miles (E. by N.) from Malmesbury; containing 215 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1140 acres, of which 250 are arable, 858 meadow and pasture, and 14 wood; the soil is chiefly clay, with a small portion of sand. The living is a rectory, with the living of Lea annexed, valued in the king's books at £10. 9. 9½., and in the gift of J. Neeld, Esq. The tithes of the parish have been commuted for £165, and the glebe comprises 14 acres. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style.