Gaddesby (St. Luke)
GADDESBY (St. Luke), a parish, in the union of Melton-Mowbray, hundred of East Goscote, N. division of the county of Leicester, 6 miles (S. W.) from Melton-Mowbray; containing 331 inhabitants. It comprises 1624 acres of land, and has a pleasant village seated on the north side of a rivulet, near which is Packe Hall, a large brick mansion with octagonal wings, in a small park. The lands were inclosed in 1655, when the tithes were commuted. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Rothley: the church is an ancient structure with a tower and spire. There are some small bequests for the poor.