Fulmodeston (St. Mary)
FULMODESTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Walsingham, hundred of Gallow, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (E.) from Fakenham; containing, with the chapelry of Croxton, 358 inhabitants. It comprises 2333a. 2r. 14p., of which 1330 acres are arable, 777 pasture, and 210 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the gift of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge: the tithes have been commuted for £558, and the glebe comprises 64 acres, with a house. The church is chiefly in the later English style, with a square embattled tower. There is a chapel of ease at Croxton, dedicated to St. John the Baptist; and a school is chiefly supported by the rector. At the inclosure of the parish, in 1808, an allotment of 30 acres was made for fuel for the poor.