FULFORD, a chapelry, in the parish and union of Stone, S. division of the hundred of Pirehill, N. division of the county of Stafford, 4¾ miles (N. E.) from Stone; containing 363 inhabitants. It lies in the Hilderstone quarter of the parish. Quarries of excellent freestone are wrought in the vicinity. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £129; patron and impropriator, Thomas Allen, Esq. The chapel is dedicated to St. Nicholas, and is of very ancient foundation, but was rebuilt in 1824; it stands on an eminence north of the village. A school-house was built pursuant to the will of George Hiatt, who in 1735 bequeathed £300 for its support.