Fulbrook (St. James)
FULBROOK (St. James), a parish, in the union of Witney, hundred of Chadlington, county of Oxford, ¾ of a mile (N. E. by N.) from Burford; containing 368 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1588a. 1r. 26p., of which 1295 acres are arable, 151 pasture, and 141 woodland. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Burford: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1817. Increased accommodation has been provided in the church.