FULBOURN, a district, in the union of Chesterton, hundred of Flendish, county of Cambridge, 5 miles (E. S. E.) from Cambridge; comprising the parishes of All Saints and St. Vigors, and containing 1405 inhabitants. This place is of considerable antiquity, and had formerly a guildhall; it is supposed to have derived its name from the large quantity of water which formerly covered the lower grounds that constitute the larger part of the district. The area is 5500 acres, and nearly the whole is arable. The living of All Saints' is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £14. 17.; net income, £253; patron, the Bishop of Ely; impropriator, S. E. Pearse, Esq.: the tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1806. The living of St. Vigors' is a rectory, valued at £25. 15. 2½.; net income, £244; patrons, the Master and Fellows of St. John's College, Cambridge. Both churches were situated in one churchyard, but that of All Saints' parish having fallen into decay, was taken down in 1776, and duty is now performed by both incumbents in St. Vigors' church, a handsome structure containing several brasses. Here is a place of worship for Independents; also a school endowed with lands producing £26 per annum. There are bequests to a considerable amount for the repair of the church and the benefit of the poor; and on the north side of the churchyard are some ancient almshouses for eleven aged inhabitants.