Fulbeck (St. Nicholas)
FULBECK (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Newark, wapentake of Loveden, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 10¼ miles (N. by E.) from Grantham; containing 694 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Grantham to Lincoln, and comprises 3577a. 2r. 23p.: limestone is quarried for building and also for manure. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £20. 15. 7½.; net income, £518; patron, Sir Henry Fane: the tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents in 1804. The church is a very ancient structure, with a handsome tower; the exterior is in the later English style, but the interior exhibits portions in the Norman, early English, and decorated styles, with a very fine Norman font. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.