FRYSTONE, MONK, a parish, in the Lower division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, W. riding of York, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Ferry-Bridge; comprising the townships of Burton-Salmon, Monk-Frystone, and Hillam; and containing 937 inhabitants, of whom 429 are in the township of Monk-Frystone. The parish comprises 4017a. 3r. 20p.; and limestone, freestone, and alabaster are found, the last of which is prepared and sold in great quantities as plaster of Paris. The York and North-Midland railway passes through the parish; and the village is pleasantly situated on the road from Leeds to Selby. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £124; patron, the Prebendary of Wistow in the Cathedral of York: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1792; the land comprises 380 acres. The church, rebuilt in 1447, is a handsome structure in the later English style. There are two places of worship for Wesleyans.