Fritton (St. Edmund)
FRITTON (St. Edmund), a parish, in the hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 6 miles (S. W. by S.) from Yarmouth; containing 223 inhabitants. It comprises 1555 acres, of which 280 are waste land or common. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. F. W. Cubitt, whose tithes have been commuted for £266, and whose glebe comprises 14 acres. The church is an ancient structure in the Norman style, with a circular tower; the roof is of stone, neatly groined.