Friskney (All Saints)
FRISKNEY (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Marsh division of the wapentake of Candleshoe, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4 miles (S. W.) from Wainfleet; containing 1607 inhabitants. This parish, which is the most extensive in the wapentake, is situated on the sea-coast, between Wainfleet and Boston, and comprises by measurement 7006 acres of land, for the most part of excellent quality. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £15. 6. 8.; patrons and impropriators, the Booth family: the great tithes have been commuted for £950, and the vicarial for £750; the glebe comprises 9½ acres. The church is in the ancient English style, and contains some elegant monuments to the Booths, and one, lately discovered, representing a knight in chain-armour, sculptured in soft sandstone, with the arms of Friskney emblazoned. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; and a school in union with the National Society is supported by the rent of allotments of land.