Fring, or Frenge (All Saints)
FRING, or Frenge (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Smithdon, W. division of Norfolk, 8 miles (N. W. by N.) from Rougham; containing 162 inhabitants. It is situated in a deep valley, the acclivities of which are richly wooded, and comprises 1730a. 2r. 24p.; about 1500 acres are arable, 100 pasture, and the remainder woodland and waste. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £77, with a house; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Norwich, whose tithes have been commuted for £420, and who have a glebe of 48 acres. The church has a small tower of flint with one bell. The foundations are still visible of a cell here belonging to Norwich Priory, to the monks of which Bishop Herbert, in 1001, granted the advowson, tithes, &c.