Frieston (St. James)
FRIESTON (St. James), a parish, in the union of Boston, wapentake of Skirbeck, parts of Holland, county of Lincoln, 3¼ miles (E.) from Boston; containing 1276 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the vicarage of Butterwick, united in 1751, valued in the king's books at £16. 11. 10.; net income, £380; patron, the Rev. J. Glover; impropriators, the family of Fladgate. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. A school has an endowment of £8. 15. a year: £20, arising from a bequest, are divided among twelve widows; and £80 per annum, from various bequests, are distributed among the poor generally.