Friesthorpe (St. Peter)
FRIESTHORPE (St. Peter), a parish, in the wapentake of Lawress, parts of Lindsey, union and county of Lincoln, 5 miles (S. W. by S.) from MarketRasen; containing 53 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 557 acres, of which the surface is level, and the soil fertile. The living is a discharged rectory, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln, valued in the king's books at £4. 10.; net income, £114: the glebe consists of between 300 and 400 acres. The church was rebuilt in 1840, by subscription, aided by a grant from the Incorporated Society.