Frettenham (St. Peter)
FRETTENHAM (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of St. Faith, hundred of Taverham, E. division of Norfolk, 2¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Coltishall; containing 285 inhabitants. It comprises by admeasurement 1895 acres, of which 1379 are arable, and the remainder woodland and pasture, with 55 acres common or waste; the soil is a light loam on a substratum of marl. The living is a rectory, with that of Stanninghall annexed, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the gift of Lord Suffield: the tithes have been commuted for £476. 14., and the glebe comprises 21½ acres. The church is an ancient structure in the decorated English style, repewed in 1836; it contains a Norman font.