Freethorpe (All Saints)
FREETHORPE (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Blofield, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (S.) from Acle; containing 383 inhabitants. The parish comprises 912 acres of land in profitable cultivation: the village consists of two scattered hamlets, each pleasantly built round the borders of an extensive green. An act was passed in 1840 for inclosing the waste. The Norwich and Yarmouth railway passes through. The living is a discharged vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Reedham: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £212. 5., and the vicarial for £95; the glebe comprises 9½ acres. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style.