Fransham, Great (All Saints)
FRANSHAM, GREAT (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Launditch, W. division of Norfolk, 6¼ miles (N. E. by E.) from Swaffham; containing 329 inhabitants. It comprises 1901a. 1r. 37p., of which 1416 acres are arable, and 457 meadow and pasture. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 15. 10., and in the gift of F. R. Reynolds, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £534, and the glebe comprises 62½ acres, with a house. The church is in the early English style, with a tower surmounted by a small spire, and contains some ancient monuments, among which is a recumbent effigy in brass, of Galfridus Fransham, in complete armour, under a canopy.