Frankley (St. Leonard)
FRANKLEY (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Bromsgrove, Lower division of the hundred of Halfshire, Stourbridge and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 3¾ miles (S. E. by S.) from Hales-Owen; containing 170 inhabitants. The parish consists of 1711 acres, of which the surface is hilly. The Birmingham and Gloucester railway passes on the east. The living is a donative, in the gift of Lord Lyttelton, who enjoys the title of Baron Frankley. The church is a small ancient edifice. Judge Lyttelton, who died here in 1481, was a native of the parish; and a piece of water called Westminster Pool, from its area corresponding in extent with that of Westminster Hall, was formed by him.