FRADSWELL, a chapelry, in the parish of Colwich, S. division of the hundred of Pirehill, union, and N. division of the county, of Stafford, 7¼ miles (E. by S.) from Stone; containing 237 inhabitants. It comprises 1391 acres, of which 44 are waste land or common, and forms a fertile but hilly district adjoining Chartley Park. Fradeswell Hall is a neat mansion on an eminence. The chapel stands near the foot of an abrupt declivity, and was rebuilt in 1764, with the exception of the chancel; the lower part is of stone, and the upper of brick. The tithes have been commuted for £138. 7., of which £60 are payable to the vicar.