Foy (St. Mary)
FOY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Ross, partly in the hundred of Greytree, but chiefly in the Upper division of the hundred of Wormelow, county of Hereford, 3¾ miles (N.) from Ross, and on the road between Gloucester and Hereford; containing, with the township of Eaton-Tregoes, 278 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the river Wye, which flows with a considerable bend through it; and comprises by measurement 2243 acres. The living is a vicarage, endowed with the rectorial tithes, and valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. John Jones: the tithes have been commuted for £550, and the glebe contains 52 acres. The church is a neat plain edifice. An almshouse for three persons was founded in 1640.