Foxton (St. Andrew)
FOXTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Harborough, hundred of Gartree, S. division of the county of Leicester, 3 miles (N. W. by W.) from Harborough; containing 385 inhabitants. It comprises about 1200 acres. The surface rises gently from the margin of a brook which bounds the parish for a considerable extent, and frequently inundates the lower grounds; the soil is a mixture of clay, gravel, and black loam. Limestone is quarried and burnt for manure, and there are some valuable gravel-pits. The Union canal runs through the village. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 3. 4., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £128; impropriator, the Rev. F. T. Corrance. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists.