Foxley (St. Thomas)
FOXLEY (St. Thomas), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (E.) from North Elmham; containing 293 inhabitants. This parish, which is intersected by the road from Norwich to Fakenham, comprises by admeasurement 1620 acres, whereof 1103 are arable, 226 meadow and pasture, and 291 woodland: the village is pleasantly situated on an eminence. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4., and in the gift of E. Lombe, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £403, and the glebe contains 21½ acres, with a handsome parsonage-house, erected in 1842. The church is chiefly in the early and later English styles, with a square embattled tower crowned by pinnacles.