FOXEARTH, a parish, in the union of Sudbury, hundred of Hinckford, N. division of Essex, 3½ miles (N. W.) from Sudbury; containing 474 inhabitants. It is partly bounded by the river Stour, and comprises by admeasurement 1473 acres, of which 1275 are arable, 166½ pasture, and 31½ woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 4. 4½., and in the gift of F. B. Pearson, Esq. The incumbent's tithes have been commuted for £435, and the glebe comprises 23 acres; tithes belonging to the trustees of the Guildhall charity in Bury St. Edmund's have been commuted for £68. 16. The church is an ancient edifice, with a square embattled tower.